The Ultimate Guide to Using Bath Salts
Taking a bath is a perfect way to unwind after a long day. Bathing has numerous health benefits, such as treating skin conditions and promoting your mental health. However, it would be best if you tried to take your bath routine to the next level by incorporating elements into your baths. And that’s where bath salts come in.
What are bath salts?
Bath salts are commonly made from magnesium sulfate or seawater and dissolved in warm bath water. This treats mental and physical health ailments such as pains, aches, stress, and more. Due to their many benefits, most people choose Natural hot tub and spa water treatment products for their pools and hot tubs.
How to use bath salts
1. Detox bath
A detox bath is commonly made of Epsom salt to help remove toxins from your body. Detox baths aim to improve health, reduce stress, and help with weight loss. You can add other oils, such as lavender, for more benefits, such as relaxation and improving your mood.
To make a detox bath:
1. Apply two cups of Epsom salt to a standard-size bathtub and ensure it is filled with warm water.
2. To make it dissolve faster, pour the salt when the water is running.
3. Soak in the tub for 12 to 20 minutes for a detox bath.
2. Muscle pains
Bath salts will relax your tense muscles and reduce inflammation.
To make muscle pain bath salts;
1. If you have a standard-size bathtub of warm water, use 2 cups of Epsom salt.
2. Pour the salt into the running water and stir to ensure all the grains dissolve.
3. Soak in the tub for at least 12 minutes.
3. Skin inflammation or irritation
If you have skin inflammation or irritation, you can relieve it using bath salts. Adding 1 cup of table salt can prevent stinging when bathing. Adding a few drops of tree oil will relieve inflammation and skin irritation.
To make bath salts for skin irritation and inflammation,
1. Use 1 cup of table salt, sea or Epsom salt for your standard-size bathtub.
2. Pour the salt into the bathtub and stir to ensure all the grains have dissolved.
3. Soak for at least 20 minutes.
According to the arthritis foundation, soaking a stretching in a warm Epsom salt bath will relieve stiff and aching joints and muscle soreness. You can add diluted ginger essential oil to the bath salt for additional benefits.
To make it:
1. Have 2 cups for your standard-size bathtub filled with warm water.
2. Pour the salt into the running to ensure it dissolves faster.
3. Soak daily for at least 20 minutes or after exercising
Health benefits of bath salts.
Though most people use bath salts to enhance a relaxing soak in the tub, it has various health benefits if you have:
- Muscle pain and stiffness
- Circulation problem
- Anxiety and stress
- Dry and itchy skin.
Bath salts have become popular due to their relaxing, cosmetic, and health benefits. They are a safe, natural, and effective way to address health complications or anxieties. But to enjoy the benefits, you must know how to use them. So, ensure you use the above guide to know how to use salt baths for various purposes.