How to do Property Registration in Telangana?
The Registration and Stamps Department of Telangana provides numerous public services through offline as well as online modes. The services rendered by the Telangana Registration Department include registration of properties, partnership deeds, marriages, and various other official concerns. The authorities of this department have been assigned with the task of verifying the required documents, collecting the stipulated charges, and keeping an update about properties located within the state of Telangana.
Apart from property registration, the Department of Stamps and Registration Telangana also provides the following services:
- Chit fund registration.
- Stamp vending.
- Societies registration.
- Partnership deed registration.
- Marriage registration.
Property registration has now further become simpler with online services provided by the state. The official website launched by the Government of Telangana’s Registration and Stamps Department has been named IGRS Telangana. It follows the norms of Integrated Grievance Redressal System to provide selected services.
Owners who have recently purchased a plot or property can register themselves online on the Telangana Registration portal. However, in such a case, users will need to upload a scanned copy of the required documents.
Documents required for property registration in Telangana
- Certificate of Encumbrance.
- Property Card.
- Original documents of a property.
- Two witnesses.
- Identity proof of a buyer, seller, as well as witnesses.
- PAN Card.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Challan or Demand Draft.
- Power of Attorney (if applicable).
- Section 32A Form.
- Address proof such as passport, PAN Card, Ration card, Voter ID card, or driving license.
- GPA or SPA, if applicable.
- A photograph showing the front view of the property.
- Title deeds, Pattadaar passbooks, Webland copy in case of agricultural properties.
Documents are a crucial aspect when it comes to property registration. Once the registration is complete, the provided documents also serve as proof of property ownership. These papers are further also likely to be a part of the documents needed for availing a home loan to confirm property ownership.
The process to register property online in Telangana
With the introduction of Telangana land registration portal, users can now complete property registration online in a few simple steps. Here’s a look at the required steps.
- Visit the official site and find the list to get started with your registration procedure.
- Upload all the details of this transaction through the Public Data Entry System.
- Upload all necessary documents before you proceed to the Registrar’s Office.
- You can make an online payment for your convenience.
- You may also choose a slot for an appointment to ensure faster registration.
- Visit the office on a selected date and time chosen by you to complete this process with the Telangana Registration Department.
- Based on the details provided by you online, a check slip is generated.
- The E-KYC formalities are initiated thereafter. The applicant’s fingerprints, along with Aadhaar details, is verified and registered accordingly.
- The endorsements are then verified, printed, and registered through a Document number.
- After this, the document is uploaded on the portal for further reference. The applicant can download it from the portal whenever needed.
The entire process of Telangana land registration might take around two days. This registration made against property is valid as long as the land/plot is sold to someone else. Delaying the registration is one of the mistakes you should be avoiding while investing in a property.
Benefits which users can enjoy on IGRS Telangana
Here are the top three benefits for users after an introduction of this Telangana registration portal:
- Easy way to file complaints and grievances.
- Eliminates corruption and malpractices is property transactions.
- Eliminates unnecessary delays in official processing.
The Telangana registration portal also allows residents to access various property-related documents at all times. It further helps when an owner is looking to borrow a home loan for residential property purchase.
Today, a number of HFCs also render a simple and hassle-free way of availing funds. For example, pre-approved offers on these loans help you with simplified financing that is less time-consuming. The offers are available on several financial products, including home loans and loans against property. You can take a look at your pre-approved offer only with your name and contact number.
When it comes to property registration, an applicant must also qualify certain parameters. As specified by the Telangana registration board, the applicant must own land in his/her name, be a legal heir of a deceased person’s property, or hold a valid power of attorney on a property. Take care to fulfil either of these parameters for a hassle-free registration.