Transfer the car – This is how the vehicle transfer succeeds at home and abroad
Whether a new car or a used vehicle – if a car is not registered when it is purchased, it must be transferred to the buyer. Basically, there are four ways of transferring a used car transport Adelaide: via the dealer, as self-pickup with/without a trailer or by a forwarding agency.
- transfer by the dealer
- Own transfer (drive your own car)
- Pickup on trailer
Professional vehicle transfer: Numerous established companies offer a professional vehicle transfer as a service. If the offer is trustworthy, you can have both a new car and a roadworthy used car transferred by a third party. As everywhere, you sometimes come across dubious providers here. Pay attention to agreements such as a handover protocol and professionalism in demeanor. You can inquire about providers at the usual automobile clubs.
Checklist: What do I need for the vehicle transfer?
In addition to the obvious documents such as a driver’s license and ID card, you should note the following requirements for domestic or international transfers.
On your own in a country:
- short-term license plate (if car is deregistered, valid for 5 days)
- Valid identity card or passport (with registration certificate)
- Electronic confirmation of insurance ( eVB )
- Proof of a valid main inspection
- Registration certificates Part I and Part II, alternatively the CoC papers
- if necessary, powers of attorney with third parties
Going abroad on your own:
- Apply for a short-term license plate, otherwise: transfer number/export number.
- Observe the import regulations of the destination country
- Customs duties/import tax
On your own axis from abroad
- Admission abroad is a requirement
- Obtain the export registration number of the country of purchase
- Motor vehicle liability insurance
- Nonlocal Abroad: Border Insurance
- Find out the regulations of the country of purchase
Transport without authorization
- Driving license B96 for trailers
- Trailer and suitable towing vehicle
Short-term license plate: If you want to transfer your car domestically
You must apply for a special number plate for domestic transfers at the registration office. This is a number plate with a yellow field on the right-hand edge in which the registration period is entered. The yellow number plate is for the transfer of vehicles by private individuals, while only dealers use a red number plate as a transfer indicator. The following is important for short-term license plates:
Consider the time limit: You only have five days to transfer the car because that is the maximum period of validity for a short-term license plate. You have to take this into account if the location of the vehicle is far away or a weekend is coming up.