Know more about float valve and how it works
Ballcocks or float valve can control the liquid level, it is used to regulate fluid levels in tanks. This valve is efficient to open and close itself as the liquid level changes. Also, the valve body is a typical float valve that has a spherical or shaped hollow ball. That is connected to the valve through a lever or arm. Float valves work to produce completely mechanical level control systems. The float valve is a necessary part of the plumbing system. The float valve must be reliable, easy to install, and stable while also being cost-effective.
Know how the float valves work?
The float valves are not managed electronically, like the solenoid valves, yet entirely by the buoyancy force. The valve opens as early as the water level falls below a distinct level. And ends the inflow as soon as the level is reached again. A floating body checks the fill level. This is associated with the valve using a lever. And leads the valve to open and close. The height of the water surface identifies the position of the float. The valve is closed if the float is in the upper position. The valve opens if the level drops and water from the mains can fill again the container.
Check out the uses of a float valve
- These valves are used in cisterns and water tanks so that they can prevent overflow and maintain the water level properly.
- The flow of the water is managed by the rise and fall of the ball.
- These valves are great for high and low pressure, and medium pressure applications.
- It is used as a throttling device in huge industrial refrigeration plants.
Determine how to choose a float valve
- Based on the size of the valve
- Angle or globe pattern
- Maximum operating pressure
- The release pressure of the valve is other than the atmosphere
- Maximum temperature
Float valves have a lot of advantages. They work reliably and are also maintenance-free because they are managed mechanically. No software update or no power supply is necessary. Also, the function will not be affected if power fails. Float valves are not costly, not only in the purchase. Yet, also associated with follow-up costs and maintenance. The linear float valve is created for installation in small tanks.
Types of a float valve
The float valve is separated into two types based on the location of the float chamber. Float type valve can be either a low side or a high side float valve.
- Low side float valves- these are mostly used in the flooded type of refrigeration plants.
- The high side float valve- the float chamber is placed in the evaporator yet in the high-pressure side float valve.