What Are The Signs Of Good Health In A Puppy?
Whether you have a puppy at home or are thinking about having a new one, it is important that they have optimum health. If you are visiting a vet, be sure to ask all the questions that are related
to the new member’s health. They are the ones who can help you to determine any abnormalities and ensure the health of your little friend. In the meantime, try to review the list we have given below:
Signs Of A Healthy Puppy
If you want to select healthy and playful puppies for sale, then consider the following aspects:
- They should have bright and clear eyes. If you see any spots or any discharges are coming out from the corner of their eyes, you should take them to the vet immediately.
- Healthy puppies for sale should also have clean ears that are free from all types of discharges. Also, try to notice if they have any redness, odour, or cysts in the ear. Ear problems can become very painful for the babies if not treated on time, and they can even lead to hearing impairment.
- Check their nose and see if there are any kinds of sores or discharges. If you notice any abnormalities, consult a vet immediately.
- Check for their mouth and see if that smells fresh. Examine the gums to see if they are pink. Also, their teeth should be free of plaque. There should not be any kind of sores or growth present in their mouth’s inner or outer side.
- Health of a puppy is well defined by its coat. See if they have a shiny coat that does not fall off abnormally.
- Overweight puppies might possess various illnesses, and some of them can be really serious. Make sure that your puppy plays and goes for walks every day. The more active they are, the lesser is the chance that they would be overweight. You can talk to the vet and get nutritional advice about maintaining the baby’s healthy weight.
- Keep an eye on their urine and bowel movements. If you notice any changes in the frequency or consistency, then report it to the vet immediately.
Any kind of health issues should not be ignored when it comes to your puppy. You would not want your furry friend to stay dull or feel unwell throughout the day. If you see issues like diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, or abnormal urination, you should talk to the vet without any delays. This can also be the symptoms of more complicated health issues, so you need to be very careful. Make sure to give all the vaccinations to the puppy on time and follow the instructions given by their vet. You should also follow a thorough diet chart for them to maintain their health.