Choosing The Best Pallet Racking System For A Warehouse
Modern warehouses, distribution centers, and storage facilities need efficient inventory management. Storage facilities must be organized and functional to meet the ever-increasing consumer demands. Current markets demand high-quality storage solutions to satisfy warehouse demands and streamline operations.
Introducing Pallet Racking.
Pallet racking comes in several styles and designs. They can significantly be helpful for a business in many ways. These days, the most efficient are vertical stacking systems. Others provide high-density storage for limited warehouse spaces. Choosing the proper system is critical when constructing a safe and efficient warehouse.
Choosing The Best Pallet Racking System
An efficient system should maximize storage space, boost output, and eventually increase profits. While adjusting to a new warehouse layout may take time, the benefits of an upgraded system must be immediately noticeable. Choosing the right design for your facility includes the following factors:
- Type of Products. Some products require specialized storage. Fragile goods can’t just be stacked vertically. Also, you may need to store perishable products using a first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory system. And if your warehouse has cooler or freezer rooms, the racking system must be cold-friendly. In this case, cold storage made of treated galvanized steel is ideal.
- Number of SKUs. When choosing a pallet racking system for your warehouse, you should consider the number of individual stock-keeping units or SKUs. Your pallet racking system must be able to handle different product types in individual SKUs. When dealing with products of different weights and sizes products, your racking alternatives may be limited.
- Storage Capacity Requirements. Pallet racking must match your facility’s storage capacity requirements. For example, the pallet flow racking system is ideal for high-volume warehouses and distribution centers. And if your business has low product turnover, you may need to build a custom-made pallet rack to store your products longer.
- Pallet Size. A well-designed warehouse storage system is vital for every business. To create smart loading and storage facilities and maximize warehouse space, you must know the pallet size required. Know the pallet dimensions first before planning the warehouse layout suitably.
- Available Space. Commercial warehouses must maximize functional areas, especially when space is limited. For example, large bulky products like building materials require a lot of vertical space. For this situation, heavy-duty cantilever rack systems are ideal. They allow for vertical storage, maximizing cubic space. Since cantilever racking has an open front, forklifts and other material handling equipment can easily reach the pallets.
It is critical to select the most appropriate form of pallet racking system for your company. Remember that not all racking systems from https://www.colbyderrimut.com.au/ will be suitable for your business so take a look at your options online. Consider the factors mentioned to ensure that you pick the right pallet racking system for you.