Top 10 Master of Business Administration (MBA) colleges in Bangalore
The Master of Business Administration program or the MBA, a postgraduate course for all those aspirants who want to build themselves a career in the field of management, is a broad one and applicants can select their field of specializations. The course lasts for two years and can either be pursued as a full-time course, correspondence course or even distance education program.
How to pursue a course in management in Bangalore?
Bangalore is a city in the southern state of Karnataka, which is known for its tag as the IT hub of the country. Since there are many IT giants, not to mention, Multi-National Companies or MNCs, it’s not hard to find a job that is a lucrative one here for MBA graduates.
Anyone looking to pursue a course in MBA in Bangalore has several options he or she can consider. While most colleges or universities in Bangalore accept state level entrance examinations such as the PGCET or the KMAT, many other universities accept only national level entrance examinations like the CAT or the MAT.
With that said, the MBA course comes with its own set of advantages,and there are many lucrative jobs on offer for graduates from various sectors including the corporate as well as the government sectors.
The top 10 colleges in Bangalore for pursuing a course in management
There are several reputed colleges and universities in Bangalore for MBA aspirants to pursue the course.These colleges and universities have on offer a wide range of subjects to choose from.Here are the top 10 colleges in Bangalore that one can pursue his or her MBA course from.
- Indian Institute of Management, a top B-school by the government of India The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is a government institute for management studies and is one of the premier most institutes, not just in Bangalore, but across India as well. It offers courses such as the PGDM, PGP, PGPPM as well as the EPGP.
- Christ University Established as the Christ College in 1959, the Christ University, Bangalore has the CMI or the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate as its administrators. With recognition from the UGC and an ‘A’ accreditation by the NAAC and MHRD, the university is an autonomous one and has three major campuses in Bangalore, including one in Bannerghatta, one in Kengeri and one on Hosur Road.The university offers a wide range of courses including courses of management such as the MBA. Besides management, it does offer other courses as well, which include courses in engineering, Education, Humanities, Social Science, Science, etc.
- IFIM Business School The IFIM Business School is one of the prestigious institutes for management courses in Bangalore. Its education system is based on the nourishment of human values, not to mention, imparting knowledge through various life experiences. It has its only campus at Electronics City in Bangalore. The college offers its flagship course, the PGDM, and the students are widely exposed to the corporate world and culture through this course.
- L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research This institute was established in the year 1977 by Prin of S.P Mandali. The college offers a course in PGDM, PGDM E-Biz, PGDM Business design, Research,and Business Analytics, Healthcare Management as well as Media and Entertainment. It accepts all major entrance examinations such as the PGCET, CAT, MAT,and XAT among others.
- Indus Business Academy Established in the year 2001, the Indus Business Academy or the IBA has been recognized and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education or the AICTE, as well as the ministry of HRD or the Human Resource and Development. It has the PGDM as well as the MBA courses, which an aspirant can get into by securing good ranks in the GMAT, KMAT, MBA, CET, etc., not to mention, having a bachelor’s degree in any of the popular fields.
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship The Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship is one of the top private business schools in Bangalore. Besides Bangalore, it has got its campuses in Chennai and Kochi. However, it has on offer just one course,and that is the PGDM or the Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- AIMS Institute AIMS or the Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, which was founded by a group of philanthropists and which focuses on imparting quality education to its students, enabling them to excel in their professional as well as academic lives have the Master of Business Administration or the MBA course, in Bangalore. One can get into this rather premier institution for management studies by scoring high on the GMAT, CAT or CMAT entrance examinations.
- PES UniversityThe PES Institute of Technology or the PESIT was the first among the different colleges and universities that come under the People Education Society name. Its focus is on four areas, namely, engineering, management, medicine and not to mention, life sciences. As far as management courses are considered, PES has the MBA course on offer, which aspirants can get into by securing higher ranks in the GMAT, CMAT, CAT or PGCET as well as completing a bachelor’s course in any of the fields.
- International School of Management Excellence The International School of Management Excellence or the ISME, a private business school in Bangalore, was established in 2006 by K.C. Garg. It is administered and managed by the NVT Quality Education Trust and affiliated to Bangalore University, Bangalore. It offers its students courses in management such as the PGDM and the executive PGDM, both of which are governed by entrance examinations. Also, in addition to these entrance exams, students wanting to take up the PGDM or even the executive PGDM programs in this institute must have a bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in any field of their choice.
- Kristu Jayanthi College Students who wish to study MBA in the Kristu Jayanthi College must have secured the cut-off score prescribed by the college, in the CMAT entrance examination. Also, they must also have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of their choice, from a reputed university or institution.
If you’re an MBA aspirant who’s looking for a great college in Bangalore to pursue the course, then this exhaustive list gives you a fair idea of some of the top-most colleges, universities, and B-Schools in and around Bangalore, and not to mention, throughout the country. So, if you think you’ve got the cut-off scores and have what it takes, then what are you waiting for? Enroll now for a lucrative career in management.