How to Sync iPhone to Mac without iTunes
Part 1: Sync iPhone to Mac Using iCloud Drive
1. What Is iCloud Drive
An iCloud drive is an online storage facility that enables users of Apple phones to save files to the cloud with an annual subscription. It can be compared to Dropbox but it provides backup services for what is stored on the phone and also assists in syncing some data between one idevice with another. It is cloud-based and it keeps data syncing across all the Apple devices. However, working with iCloud Drive can be tricky if don’t understand how to use it.
2. Tips on How to Use iCloud Drive on Mac
- You must first have an Apple ID to have an iCloud account in order to get started with iCloud drive backup.
- On a Mac, open the System Preference option and select on iCloud. Click on the iCloud icon and turn it on. For iOS devices, go to Settings > iCloud to activate iCloud Drive.
- Once you have seen the iCloud Drive icon on the sidebar, you are able to select the file you want to back. Remember if you are working on devices which are older than OS X Yosemite or iOS 8, Mac can access iCloud Drive on the web.
- Apple gives up to 5 GB free iCloud storage account. Note that this storage is shared between your iCloud email account and the files you have backed up from the iOS devices. If you need more storage space for photos and other files, you can opt to buy more storage by clicking on the manage option (still on the Systems preference pane) on the iCloud pane and then select to buy more storage.
Let me talk you through this:For now, check:Free iTunes/iPhone Backup Extractor for iPhone, iPad
Jihosoft iTunes Backup Extractor is a powerful tool to recover and extract important data from iPhone, iPad & iPod touch backup on Windows or Mac.
Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version
Connect your device to your computer (you can use the included USB cable to connect your device to your computer)
Find your connected device (you can learn more about how to locate your connected device in iTunes here)
Click on your device; after clicking on your device, tabs appear on the left side of the iTunes window under Settings
Turn on syncing. You can turn on syncing for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Audiobooks, Tones, Photos, and Info. To turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under settings, then click the box next to Sync. If there’s a check in the box already, syncing is turned on for that tab.
Sync your content. Click the Sync button in the lower-right corner of the screen to sync your content. Only the information in the content list you’ve enabled syncing for will sync to your computer. If you make any changes to any of the settings, first click Apply. You can also sync your iOS device over Wi-Fi.
To turn off syncing, uncheck the box you checked beforehand to turn on syncing.
Hope this helped =)
Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery is a professional iPhone Data Recovery software to get back all your lost text message, photo, video, call history, note, contact and more from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. It offers a full solution to recover your lost data in different tough situations. Besides recovering data directly from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, it also allows you to recover data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.