Explore Fruitful Information About Fastag!!!
It is an automatic and reloadable tag that enables an automatic deduction and lets them pass through the toll plaza without even stopping for the transactions that are to be made in cash. It is said that this is linked with a prepaid account from which the required amount is supposed to be deducted. It is considered as a hassle-free solution for a trip on National Highways. It is said that this is operational at present at almost 407 toll plazas across national as well as state highways.
There are possibilities of making it operational in more toll Plazas in the future. The users are required to pay a onetime fee of Rs.200, in order to acquire this tag.
Benefits of Using a FASTag:
There are numerous benefits of using a FASTag while going on a trip. Some of its benefits are listed below:
- Saves fuel as well as time: It is said that the FASTag is read by the tag reader at the Plaza and the amount of toll is automatically deducted, as and when the vehicle approaches the Toll Plaza. It is helpful in saving the time of a person, as he/she is not required to stop his/her vehicle at the Toll Plaza, in order to make the cash payment.
- No need to carry cash: As already said that at the Toll Plaza, the payment gets automatically deducted from someone’s account which is linked with the FASTag. This enables them with a facility of not to carry cash along with them.
- Online recharge: It is said that one can make recharge of a FASTag account by making use of different modes of payment like his/her debit card, credit card, net banking, Paytm wallet, Oxigen wallet, etc. not only this, one can make a recharge using cheque, NEFT, RTGS, etc. The maximum limit for making a recharge is Rs.1 lakh.
- Web portal for customers: It is said that a person can access statements by logging into his/her customer’s portal of the FASTag.
- SMS alerts for transactions: One is informed of the transaction made by him/her on his/her registered account number. This is done in the form of an SMS.
It is said that this is very simple to use and is identified with the help of a Radio frequency identification which is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle after the account is active. This tag has validity for 5 years. This moreover offers its customers with non-stop movement of vehicles through the convenience of cashless payment of toll fee with electronic tax collection services across the nation.
It is said that all the users of FASTag can enjoy special cashback offers on making toll payments. This amount of cashback is directly credited into one’s account directly within a week of the same month. It is said that adoption of this technique is voluntary at this point of time, but may become mandatory in the future.