C++ Help Guide for Beginners
C++ is a traditional programming language that is still widely used in the IT industry today. Designed initially as an extension of C programming language, the modern C++ language is object-oriented, generic and has an additional functionality as compared C. The programming language was first developed in 1985, while the last stable version was released in 2017. Unlike various other programming languages that are slowly going obsolete, C++ gets regular updates and patchworks in a fixed time interval. C++20 is the next planned version of the current C++, which will be launched in 2020.
Difference between C and C++
As mentioned above, C++ was designed as a modification to the existing C programming language. BjarneStroustrup, the man behind C++ brought various functionalities to C++ by borrowing ideas from other programming languages of that time such as ML, Simula etc. This programming language offers support for classes, which was absent in C. It also stays hybrid even though classes are implemented, and the coder never needs to follow a procedure while programming this language.
C++ is meticulously taught in almost programming classes. A basic understanding of a language such as C++ makes learning other languages easier. Since most programming languages are similar, a good understanding of C++ makes it easier to grasp the knowledge of other programming languages such as R. C++ Help tutorials and videos are easily available on the internet as it is quite commonly used.
Here are certain benefits of C++ language-
- A universal programming language- This language is widely used in many technical ecosystems, such as embedded systems, and mobile devices. The functionality of C++ allows it to be used in a variety of devices, whether it is connected to the internet or is offline.
- Object-oriented programming- C++ is an object-oriented programming. Such languages allow ease of development. They also offer various functions such as code reusability that saves time. C++ also has all the features of various other OOPs languages such as polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
- Many in-built functions- This programming language comes loaded with various different functions that are highly useful when programming. The functions are also quite easy to use. The number of these functions provided in C++ is quite high. These functions range from basic arithmetic to complex numbers.
- Exception handling- OOPs language provides very good mechanisms against exception handling. When an exception arises, C++ indicates the user the types of error it is- runtime, or execution time. This way, the user knows where to start looking for problems.
- Function overloading- Function overloading, an important aspect of a programming language is available to execute in C++, which is absent in various other programming languages.
- Create display- The C++ programming language is powerful enough to generate graphics and 3D figures, which helps in executing GUI commands from this programming language.
C++ offers its users robust applications that can scale well. The ability of C++ to be used on various ecosystems makes it an important language to learn. C++ help guides are easily available on the internet.