7 Home Remedies for Instant Relief from Back Pain
We all know just how much back pain hurts. It could be persistent from days, weeks, or could be caused by sudden unexpected movements. Either way, being able to get some relief from back pain will make us feel a lot better not just physically but even psychologically and emotionally. A healthy body results in a healthy mind.
Here are some home remedies that can be followed to get instant relief from back pain.
- Gentle massage
- Gently massaging the sore muscles is one of the effective ways to loosen up the stiff muscles and relieve pain.
- Ask your partner or a friend to massage the area for a few minutes. Use medicated ointment for better and faster results.
- Pain relief spray
- Back pain cure spray provides instant relief after spraying it on the sore muscles. There are many creams and sprays that will help in providing immediate pain relief. Some brands might cause skin irritation, so it is advisable to do a patch test before using them.
- Stretches can help relax the sore muscles by reducing the stiffness. But, one should not overdo the stretches in an attempt to get better relief from pain.
- Add stretching as a part of the daily exercise or routine and follow the systematic process of stretching rather than doing random stretches at odd times.
- Epsom salt
- Also known as magnesium sulfate, Epsom salt enters the body through the skin pores and soothes the sore muscles. Add Epsom salt to bath water and soak in it for 20 minutes. This is the best way to relax after an exhausting day.
- Sleep patterns and postures
- Get to bed on time and ensure that your body gets enough rest after a hectic day. The mattress has to be comfortable. Use cushions and pillows to support your knees when sleeping on the side. This will help align the spine to its natural curve.
- Sleeping on the floor with a pillow under your feet can give good results even if it might be tough to follow initially. Do not sleep on your stomach. If that’s a habit, place pillows under your abdomen and pelvis to support the spine.
- Improve and change body postures
- Sit with your back straight, body and feet aligned with feet firmly placed on the floor. When sitting at work for long hours, place cushions to support the back and have the keyboard with reachable distance. Use technology and downloads apps that help you find the right posture and copy it.
- Food habits
- Medicinal supplements can reduce back pain. It is recommended to consult a doctor before taking any medicines. Following an alkaline diet, foods that are less acidic may help cure back pain.
If the home remedies do not work, always consult a doctor to ensure that there are no hidden problems that are causing back pain.